Saturday, July 10, 2010




July 10, 2010

(Lisa) We left this morning about 7:20 a.m. Pumpkin was very sad that she was not going with us. She saw the camper hooked up to the truck and started panting, drooling and whining. We couldn’t bring her with us because a bear might eat her up for a snack. I’m sure she thought “What the crap?” when we pulled away. Ally and Adam are going to take care of her so I know she will be fine, but still.

We were planning to stop on the road to get some breakfast but if you’ve ever driven
I- 64 west then you know that there is NOTHING on this road. In Evansville IN, we stopped at the only McDonalds just to walk in behind a bus load of church kids and only one register open. So, we left. (Riveting commentary, isn’t it?) We did find a lovely rest stop outside of St. Louis and picnicked. We discovered Arizona Tea Arnold Palmer in the vending machine-very yummy.

We passed the arch, the Mississippi River was flooded. Right now we are on I -70 about 170 miles from Kansas City

(Paul) My butt is numb. I could use a bourbon.

(Lisa) Now we are in Olathe, KS at Renee and Brent's home. We arrived about 3:45 central time. We enjoyed visiting and an AMAZING dinner of grilled filet mignon. It was a gourmet meal and we loved it! Then, to top it off, they made homemade vanilla ice cream....wow....we may never leave!

(Paul) Had a fantastic time at the Comfort's but I'm starving. They pretty much just let us in the house and then left us on our own. OK! If you know me you know I'm sarcastic and toy with the truth. The Comfort's have overfed me. Steaks, iron skillet cooked green beans, baked sliced potato's and an awesome salad with a homemade dressing. Then we finished off with a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream. Then Brent and I had a glass of Macallan Scotch Whiskey. Neal Peart (drummer from Rush) finished all his evenings on the road with a glass of this tasty beverage. It's not bourbon but, it was aged in a bourbon barrel so I approve.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun!!! I am glad y'all are having such a good time! And it's only the BEGINNING!

    ReplyDelete